Bunker Quantity Survey
Bunker purchase is the highest operational expense in the running of a ship. Despite highly trained ship operators checking bunker quantities, short supply continues to remain a problem. In addition, excessive sludge generation and imprecise ROB amounts create further discrepancies in the correct amount of bunker fuel present on the ship. This uncertainty in the bunker amount combined with the possibility of a dispute creates tension in all parties involved.
- The Viswa Team works with the customer to train the ship operators on good bunkering practice.
- Our highly qualified, experienced and certified team of surveyors stay on the vessel during the entire bunkering procedure.
- Our team has been well trained in the detection of bunker shortage, in the awareness of various tricks which may be employed to cause bunker shortage, in the prevention of bunker shortage and resolution of any supply disputes.
- Using their own instruments, they take measurements which are recorded and signed off by all parties involved. An interim report is immediately issued, and a full report is issued after checking density and water content in the lab.
- If a Note of Protest is to be made, our team will assist the Chief Engineer to make this.
The Viswa Team is certified by ISO 17020 and the Maritime Port Authority of Singapore MPA.
The Viswa team is also very experienced in performing Sludge surveys, Investigative surveys and Remaining On Board ROB surveys.
The Investigative ROB survey includes measuring all fuel oil and diesel/gas oil tanks, the temperature of all tanks, record all the log book entries for consumption and collect copies of the bunker delivery note and sludge discharged. A report with this data and conclusions is issued.
The Sludge survey involves measuring the exact amount of sludge discharged from the vessel to the tanker. The consumption records are also reviewed and compared with the sludge quantity generated.
Viswa Lab Houston12140 Almeda Rd.
Houston, Texas 77045 USA
VTIC Houston12140 Almeda Road Houston,
Viswa Lab Singapore80 Tagore Lane
Viswa Lab UKNew First AvenueWilton International Site
Middlesbrough, Cleveland TS104RG
Viswa Lab UAEViswa Lab International FZE
Fujairah Freezone 1
Fujairah PO Box 50234
Viswa Lab BelgiumAdministrative Office
Emdenweg 23 (Kaai 217)
2030 Antwerp Belgium
VTIC Louisiana1441 Canal Street,
New Orleans, LA 70112